What is an SSL Certificate?
SSL certificates are small data files that digitally bind a cryptographic key to an organization’s details.
When installed on a web server, it activates the padlock and the https protocol and allows secure connections from a web server to a browser.
How do I know my website has SSL certificate?
Look at the URL of the website. If it begins with “https” instead of “http” it means the site is secured using an SSL Certificate (the s stands for secure).
Why Do I Need An SSL Certificate?
SSL Certificates protect your sensitive information such as credit card information, usernames, passwords,etc. It also:
- Keeps data secure between servers
- Increases your Google Rankings
- Builds/Enhances customer trust
Ok, I need SSL certificate, where can get one?
If you want, you can purchase your own ceritifcate on your hosting provider, or you may use certificate, we offering to all our customers, and which is free of charge.
I installed SSL certificate, but padlock in address bar still not green. Why?
Mostly it related to website's content, usually mixed content -- 80% of issues, when green padlock does not appear.
Look for all references to "http:" in your website, in text, images, etc.
If you can't find it, or 100% assured, that looked everywhere - submit a ticket, describe a problem and relax - we wlll fix that for you in the shortest time.
My certificate is expired and can't be renewed. What I have to do?
1. Check that your domain is still resolved on IP of our servers, and not being put behind CloudFlare's (or any other) content delivery network, which hiding your server's IP from visitors.
2. If you purchased certicate on your domain registrar (i.e. GoDaddy), you may check your credit card information. Usually domain registrar notifying their customers via email, that something couldn't be renewed due to billing issues.
If you've come in trouble with SSL certificate, that can't be renewed - submit a ticket, and let us handle situation.
Do I need to get a new SSL certificate, if I'm transferring my website to\from Symbicore's servers?
Yes, as your IP address will be changed. We can handle it, if you transferring website to our servers.
Which certificates authorities Symbicore is using?
For all our clients we offering free-of-charge certificates from cPanel or Let'sEncrypt.
If you have any other questions, which are related to this article and doesn't mentioned here, or have any issues with SSL certificates, feel free to contact our support team.